5/26/09

Memorial Weekend

Memorial Day has always been a fun day for our family. It's one of those lost traditions where not a lot of people actually drive hours to go visit cemeteries. Well this year, my moms side the Neilsons, decided to get together and visit my grandpa who isn't doing real well. We met at his house to see him and then drove to Parker, ID to visit my Grandmas and others graves. Parker cemetery is always cold and windy, no matter what the weather is every where else, so I called it I knew it was going to rain, but luckily it cleared up. It doesn't take a lot to entertain our family....a little picnic at the cemetery or reading campfire stories in the hotel, and just playing with each other outside. It was a fun weekend. The Neislon side is a big family. My grandparents had 7 of 8 living kids with 43 grandkids. 43 is lot of cousins to play with.

4 comments:

Emily said...

It was a very fun weekend!! I love the picture with you and Landon with the cows in the background! That is my very very favorite!

Amy said...

Thanks for posting all your pics of the fun weekend we all had! It was great to be able to see everyone again! Also, I had a good time at the pool on Sunday swimming. I just had to laugh at how cute you and Landon are together and how you two would dunk each other and jump in together!:D

ccg said...

Swimming on Sunday!!! I thought everyone was just bathing lol Thanks for posting the pics and thanks most of all for going up w/ us. You guys make it fun. Dad

Linsy said...

Thanx for putting all your pics on there! I can always count on you putting family pics on. I love it! Wish we could have been there! P.s. You and your hubby are so adorable together!