2/16/12

My Valentine Poem

When Landon was on his mission he wrote me a poem. It has now been 4 years and he wrote me another poem for Valentines day. To read the poem from 4 years ago and see the difference click here.

Julie’s Valentine’s Poem 2012
By: Landon Deru

On my mission, I commenced to write the perfect poem.
Valentine’s Day was coming up, and I had a girl at home.

So in the frozen Finnish tundra, I wrote a poem for you,
But back then your name was Griffiths, and now it is Deru.

So many things have changed since then, so many of them sweet.
As time goes by, and seasons change, our lives are more complete.

This poem depicts our lives since then, and how some things have changed.
As you will see, it’s crazy….it’s more than just your name.

We’re married now, for three short years, and plenty more to go.
Our basement house was humble, and our car was in the snow.

We’ve since moved on and upward. A better move? Well, maybe.
Because since my last love poem, we’ve gone and had a baby!

When Emma came in to our lives, my love for you grew stronger.
It makes me glad that our little family can live on so much longer.

Though side by side we’ve worked to wipe a thousand butts with gloves,
No PPE is needed, just fresh wipes and lots of love.

Our car has also made a change since last I wrote a poem.
A Prism for a Focus as out of state we roam.

Now you and I have changed so much, since we both have degrees.
We are “educated” now, so why isn’t life a breeze?

While family, friends, and time evolve, and life seems often strange,
Another thing has happened….my love for you has changed.

You might be thinking, “What the heck? Where did things go so wrong?”
But don’t you fret a minute, because my love is twice as STRONG!

Each time I get to kiss you, it’s like a special treat.
You work so hard each day, that I don’t mind to rub your feet. (Now that’s true love)

Your endless sacrifices help our family run with ease.
You give me everything I need, even when I don’t say “please”.

I can’t express my love enough, and how it has progressed.
Without you here supporting me, my life would be a mess.

I am the man I am today because of your affection.
A girl like you deserves the best, despite my imperfection.

Though life is way too busy, and we don’t get much time,
You’ll always have a special place as my sweet Valentine.



.......Isn't Landon just the sweetest guy! No wonder why I married him.

2 comments:

Ruby said...

So sweet. I love it!

cremation-usa said...

Lovely. It's perfect on what you experienced.