2/11/09

A Tribute for Sunny Dog

Four years ago today "Sunny" our family dog passed away. She was such a good dog. My uncle Marks dog had a litter of puppies and gave Sunny to us. I even remember driving up to Idaho to get her. She was around for about 13 years and served the Griffiths family many great memories and happy times, as well as some sad times. One time I accidentally slammed her wagging tale in the door and made it bleed, then one time she was jumping on me and I couldn't get up, a neighbor saved my life (or so I thought). Sunny would let us sit on her back as she would run (only when we were real small). She would also be very good to baby's, if a baby had candy or food Sunny would not even think about taking it, if you where older she wouldn't care. She was a lot of fun to play with and have as our family pet. These are pictures of her and when we gave a funeral for her. She was just like one of us.



Those puppies belonged to Sunny.



We did the same thing we did at my Grandpas funeral. Each person got a chance to lay dirt down, and as we lay the dirt down we say one of the most memorable experiences where.

2 comments:

Bonnie and Joel said...

4 Years I can't believe it. I am so glad you posted this becuase I would have totally forgotten. That was a very bitter sweet day. She was such a good dog.

Ruby said...

You finally updated your blog! I have never seen this picture before. So cute! I love Beau's face in this